Wow! They made my day. In a span of few days, I was nominated for the Sunshine award - not just one but two of them, in the midst of last month’s A to Z blog journey. Isn’t that great?
For me, yes - this was something truly amazing. This was a form of recognition, for the first time, for my attempt at expressing my thoughts and feelings. Since it has been just a few months that I have taken up blogging, this appreciation meant a lot to me.
I am extremely thankful to Namrata Kumari, writing at The lexical tapestry and Usha ji (Mrs. Usha Menon), weaving her beautiful sweet and sour stories at Kuch Khatta Kuch Mitha – both of them writers and bloggers in their own merit, to consider me suitable for this nomination and I accept this with great humility.
This is truly motivating.
According to the rules of the Sunshine Award, I am to follow the below. Having completing this today, I am relieved of the guilt that was haunting for last 2 weeks not able to get to it.
* Display the award on your blog
* Show your gratitude and link back the person who nominated you.
* Nominate Up to ten of your favorite deserving bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.
*Link the nominees in your post, and let them know.
* Write TEN interesting things about yourself.
My nominations for the Sunshine award are as below whose writings and travel blogs are held in high esteem.
Tom Macinnes - Cobbie's
Anita – The Explorer of Miracles
Tomichan Matheikal - Matheikal's Blog
Inderpreet Kaur Uppal – Eloquent Articulation
Eli Z - Explative – in exotic India
Proactive Indian – Proactive Indian
Maniparna Sengupta Mazumder – Scattered Thoughts
Manu Prakash Tyagi – Yatra, Discover Beautiful India
Jahid Akhtar - Flashbacks
Krishna Chandran – Dream Weavers Diaries
Now here are TEN interesting (!) things about myself.
- 1. I think too much till things get complicated.
- 2. Have started liking learning from my daughter.
- 3. Relationships are a complex maze to me.
- 4. Good at navigation on road- not in life.
- 5. Enjoyed my school days in a boarding school.
- 6. Life got a spoonful of zing after I took up blogging and writing.
- 7. Find joy in social work – am a Rotarian.
- 8. Expressive with opinions and emotions.
- 9. Sacrifice self and family for others’ sake who care a fig for it.
- 10. Between sea and mountains – I can spend hours on a sea shore.
I am enjoying my new found identity in the company of many new friends here, in the blogsphere, amongst many stars and moons and would like to thank each one of you from the bottom of my heart for the wonderful person you are.